Operations Coordinator (Network Operations)
Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamOperations
Join a fast-growing company with a purpose! At Fastned you will actively contribute to accelerating the transition to electric mobility. In this role, you will create and optimise key operational processes to deliver WOW to a growing number of EV drivers. Fastned is a pioneer in a completely new industry so together with the team you will be creating innovative solutions to drive the business forward.
We're seeking an Operations Coordinator to join the Network Operations team at Fastned. The Network Operations team is responsible for keeping our 600+ chargers up and running and providing the best charging experience to our customers in all 6 countries where we operate.
In this role, you will be responsible for answering strategic questions and turning them into action by analyzing data, developing dashboards and reporting frameworks, automating processes and distilling impactful insights on core business metrics. You will work directly with leadership to add critical analytical horsepower to ensure we're making data-driven decisions, and using insights to improve efficiency and charging experiences in a scalable and sustainable way. You will help to tackle the most critical business problems across Europe, working closely with Product and Data teams.
The role's core mission is to drive strategic decisions based on data and insights, across a variety of business challenges - from optimising charging experience for customers to driving cost-efficiency in our operations. Moreover, you will own the narrative around our performance data & metrics, presenting trends and deep dives to senior audiences, and developing and strengthening the team's analytical skills.
Your overall responsibilities include:
- Own key operational metrics related to charging experience and work tirelessly to continuously improve them;
- Work closely with the broader operations team to grow our business and overcome challenges;
- Scope particular problems and derive integral solutions based on robust analysis;
- Take big picture ideas and break them into meaningful steps to develop and optimize processes;
- Leverage strong implementation skills to make projects and plans a reality;
- Build and develop positive relationships with cross-functional teams and external suppliers such as charger manufacturers;
- Lead projects independently, and become a fierce advocate for crafting business value;
- Have a positive attitude and the ability to operate in a very fast-paced environment.
In order to be successful in this role you bring along a highly entrepreneurial mindset - we want our employees to “think like a founder”. You thrive in taking ownership of the operational aspects of our business to help create best-in-class user experiences. The ideal candidate has a passion for experimentation, using a data-driven approach to validate new ideas. You consider every failed experiment as a lesson learned with the goal of improving operational capabilities and overall scalability. Additionally, you tick the following boxes:
- You easily adapt to a constantly changing work environment
- You have a data-driven decision mentality and strong analytical thinking
- You have strong implementation skills and process design experience
- You are able to collaborate with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders
- You have a genuine interest in the energy transition and Fastned’s mission
- You have 1-3 years of operations or related experience with a proven track record of solving analytical problems
- You have experience building dashboards on Google Sheets or similar tools
- Bonus points if you have experience querying data in SQL
- You are fluent in English with Dutch a plus
Join us in building a better future
Together with over 100 colleagues, we have the ambition to build Europe's best fast-charging network. We currently operate in six countries (HQ in the Netherlands, offices in Germany, UK, Switzerland, Belgium and France) and are growing fast.
We work hard to change the world, but we don't forget to celebrate our successes, big and small. We provide daily vegetarian lunches at our offices, throw notorious Christmas parties, organize an amazing yearly trip abroad and we’ll give you access to our fully electric vehicle fleet (all charging expenses covered). Other perks include a pension plan, access to our employee stock option plan, and the gear of your choice (MacBook vs ThinkPad, iPhone vs Android).
Interested in making an impact?
We would love to have a conversation with you! Apply now, send us your CV and explain in your motivation letter why you’re excited about joining Fastned.
Fastned stands for Equal Opportunity. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ(+) people to apply. We consider applicants of all gender identities.