Head of People & Culture
Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamRecruitment & People Operations
Join a fast growing company with a purpose! At Fastned you can contribute to combating climate change by accelerating the transition towards electric mobility. Together with over 100 colleagues (currently 28 nationalities and counting) we have the ambition to build Europe's best fast charging network. Become part of an innovative company in the field of e-mobility!
Our goal is a European network of 1000 large and beautiful fast charging stations in prime locations, where electric drivers can charge their vehicles with energy from the sun and wind. Fastned currently operates in six countries (HQ in Amsterdam, offices in Germany, UK, Switzerland, Belgium and France) and is growing fast.
We are looking for a highly driven and very hands on Head of People & Culture to refine and lead HR within Fastned across our European offices. In this key role you will be responsible for all HR related matters, from the development of people, our remuneration policy, to evaluations. You know better than anyone that ‘Culture eats strategy for breakfast’ and therefore you like to play a key role in refining and cultivating the right culture within the company across our European offices. Furthermore, you will be involved in getting the right talent on board by acting as a sparring partner for our Talent Acquisition team.
In order to be successful in this role you need to be a builder, with a very hands-on mentality. As Fastned is growing rapidly in multiple countries, this is a great opportunity for an ambitious person with previous People Operations / HR experience in fast-growing, scaling companies, wanting to play a key role in a mission-driven, international and fun environment.
- Refining and implementing the human resources strategy for our fast growing teams across Europe;
- Providing the right environment for people to deliver great results, be happy, while fostering a culture of diversity & inclusion. Actively engaging in developing and cultivating the Fastned culture within each of our offices to achieve this;
- Build & lead the new HR team, currently consisting of Talent Acquisition (TA Manager & Junior TA Specialist);
- Advising the board on HR related matters;
- Managing and developing employee benefits, ranging from salaries and stock options to company cars and parking places. This should be based on a clear and explainable structure guiding overall remuneration;
- Ensuring that employee records, administration, compliance to local regulations, offboarding, and so on are all kept up to date and in order -> You will drive the implementation of an HRIS system;
- Driving the process of periodical (annual) evaluations of all employees across the company. Furthermore, creating and driving a culture of constructive & continuous feedback;
- Creating a vision and plan for talent development, both on-the-job as well as through courses and other training where needed;
- Supporting employees around issues such as extended sickness, job conflicts, etc.;
- Being the eyes and ears of the organisation from an HR perspective, proactively addressing and resolving issues.
Are you an energetic and autonomous person that is able to propel Fastned's People & Culture efforts forward? You, as well as the policy, should fit the slightly odd company that Fastned is. You love the challenge of defining and kick-starting HR in a scale-up company, in an entrepreneurial way - as we want our employees to 'Think like a Founder'. Besides bringing along the necessary experience from a similar scale-up environment & strategic mindset, you’re a fun & driven person to work with. Additionally, you tick the following boxes:
- Around 5 to 10 years of experience in a similar role, huge plus for experience in scale-up environments;
- Experience in cultivating company culture;
- You’re up to speed on Dutch labor law and you’re keen to deep-dive into the local specifics of each European country we are active in;
- Experience in building and managing an HR team from the ground up;
- Strong communication skills;
- Masters degree in a relevant field;
- Fluency in English (Dutch, German and/or French language skills are a bonus);
- Contributing to accelerating the energy transition is something that strongly motivates you.
Join us in building a better future!
We do things our way. As a young, independent company with a flat organizational structure, we give a lot of responsibility to our new hires and expect an entrepreneurial mindset. We make decisions fast, focus on improving the customer experience and keep things as simple as possible. Working at Fastned means working with a diverse group of driven but humble people who are intrinsically motivated to accelerate the transition to sustainable mobility and having a positive impact. At Fastned we enjoy a high degree of freedom, ownership and trust.
We work hard to change the world, but we don't forget to celebrate our successes, big and small. Our benefits include a pension plan (fully covered by Fastned) and participation in the company stock options program. We provide daily vegetarian lunches & the best coffee at our Amsterdam headquarters close to the Amstel station. In order to feel & enjoy the EV life you get access to our fully electric vehicle fleet (all charging expenses covered). Next to fun events year-round, we throw notorious Christmas parties and organize an amazing yearly trip abroad. Other perks include flexible working hours, full travel compensation and the gear of your choice (MacBook vs ThinkPad, iPhone vs Android).
We would love to have a chat with you very soon! We are curious to hear why you are the best person for this role & why you would make a great addition to the Fastned family.
Fastned stands for Equal Opportunity. We strongly encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ(+) people to apply. We consider applicants of all gender identities.