Contract Manager Construction
London, England, United KingdomConstruction Management
Join a fast growing, listed company with a purpose! Fastned enables electric vehicle drivers around Europe to fast-charge their cars and leads the way in making mobility sustainable. In this role you will contribute to achieving our goal of building a European network of 1,000 large fast-charging stations in prime locations where electric drivers can charge their vehicles with 100% green energy from the sun and wind.
Fastned is expanding its network of fast charging stations in the UK and is looking to strengthen the local team with a Construction Contracts Manager. As such you will be an integral part of an experienced, fun and international team. If you want to work for a good cause, bring in your own ideas and be able to lead your own projects, this is the job for you!
What you will contribute
This role is key to our core business which is why we highly value your work and the impact you will have on our locations. We want you to have the holistic ownership of our construction projects from beginning to end but our team is there to support you wherever needed. Contrary to what you might be used to, we offer you the unique chance to cover a broad range of topics, working with short reporting lines, taking quick decisions, and having a large amount of freedom in your day to day.
- Your responsibilities include owning the whole process, starting with the planning of construction, negotiating agreements and prices with contractors and suppliers, change management, problem solving, and quality control during the execution.
- Due to our efficient team size and modularity of projects, you can move quickly and deliver projects within aggressive timeframes.
- As you will be an essential part of our team and not working for a third party, you really have the responsibility for delivering high quality charging stations across the UK.
- You will spend sufficient time on the road to supervise the quality of construction projects in the UK.
- Finally, you never walk alone but work in close cooperation with our architects, project managers and expansion managers, as well as with our external construction partners.
Electric mobility is new territory for you? No problem! As part of your onboarding, you will participate in a series of exciting workshops where you will learn everything important about electric mobility and fast charging infrastructure. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our innovative and rapidly growing company!
What you should bring along
You are a real team player and you have the ability to think on your own feet - you feel comfortable taking initiative and responsibility. You are not afraid to make mistakes and you are always keen to keep on learning. “Think like a founder” is something you identify easily with and you want to get things done! Additionally, you see yourself in the following description:
- You have a minimum of five years of previous experience in a similar role (preferably in a client managing construction activity or working for a construction contractor);
- Your excellent organizational and project management skills help you to manage a number of projects and stakeholders in parallel;
- Your strong communication skills help you to engage and negotiate effectively internally and externally. You confidently represent Fastned and our values to landlords, developers, and the general public alike;
- Your eye for detail and a commercial judgment lead to a high quality of standards;
- Last but not least you are fluent in English and own a valid driver’s license.
- A big plus if you have experience with construction along highways, Health & Safety (CDM Regulations 2015) and/or electrical installations.
What is in it for you?
At Fastned we are really excited about building a better future! Join us in a role with a true purpose and make use of our employees benefits:
- We work hard to change the world, but we don't forget to celebrate our successes, big and small. In London, and in our other offices - Fastned knows how to bring people together.
- Participation in the exciting company stock options program.
- In order to feel & enjoy the EV life, and of course to travel to your job sites, you get a fully electric company car. And of course free charging at all Fastned stations across Europe.
- We provide daily vegetarian lunches & the best coffee in all our offices, and cover your expenses on the road.
- Next to fun events year-round, we throw notorious Christmas parties and organize an amazing yearly trip abroad with all European teams.
- Other perks include flexible working hours, pension contribution, full travel compensation and the gear of your choice (MacBook vs Dell XPS, iPhone vs Android).
Our office is conveniently located in Shoreditch, London. In order for you to be flexible in your job we will provide you with a fully electric company car. Together with over 160 colleagues we have the ambition to build Europe's best fast charging network. We currently operate in six countries (HQ in the Netherlands, offices in the UK, Germany, Switzerland, Belgium and France) and are growing fast.
Apply for the job
We would love to have a conversation with you. Apply now, send us your CV and let us know in your cover letter why you’re the best person for this job and excited to join our mission of giving freedom to electric drivers! Any questions? Let us know in your application and our recruiters will get back to you right away!
Fastned stands for equality and inclusion. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, gender identities, sexual orientations, religions, neurodiversity, disabilities, parental status or any other protected characteristic that makes you unique.